1 English cucumber
3-4 ounces thinly thinly sliced smoked salmon
1-2 teaspoons lemon juice
½ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
1½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
1½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
fresh ground black pepper, to taste
1 tablespoon wasabi powder or wasabi paste, to taste
fresh dill, to garnish
1. Partially peel cucumber horizontally (so that some dark green still shows), then slice into 20 ¼-inch thick rounds. Lay on paper towels.
2. Arrange slices of smoked salmon on top of the cucumber slices, cutting salmon to fit.
3. Drizzle salmon with lemon juice and lightly sprinkle with pepper.
4. In a small bowl whip together the cream cheese, dill, chives, pepper and wasabi.
5. Top salmon with wasabi cream, and garnish with fresh dill.